Video Update: March 18, 2020
Updated: March 16, 2020
We are implementing the following measures through at least Sunday, March 29th:
1. Suspending all church related group activities including prayer meeting and sunday school.
2. For the next two Sundays (March 22, 29) we are asking that if you have the capability joining us remotely via our Facebook livestream please do so. We will be broadcasting at 10 AM and 6:30 PM and the video will be recorded for viewing anytime. If you want to join the few of us here at the church during that time we will not turn you away.
3. We are in the process of organizing a list of church people who may need assistance and will have further details on that. If you have a need or know of someone who does please contact Pastor Jack at 207-290-5128 or Jacque Gruber (phone number to follow).
If you would like to give financially please visit: https://madawaskagospelchurch.com/donate/
The following are previous measures which are still in effect:
Updated: March 13, 2020
Dear MGC Family,
In light of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic we are asking that the following practices be implemented here at Madawaska Gospel Church effective immediately:
- If you are symptomatic of COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) please refrain from attending services until you have been cleared by a medical professional. This would also include anyone who, within the last 14 days, has been in close unprotected contact with a known infected individual or traveled in a region where the outbreak is prevalent.
- All people attending our services are encouraged to make use of our hand sanitizer dispensers upon entering the building and/or washing with soap in our bathrooms.
- Our greeters will no longer be shaking hands at the door when they meet you.
- We will also be modifying our greeting time during service to exclude direct contact such as handshaking.
- All group ministry and non essential visits in area nursing homes is suspended until further notice. Pastoral visits will be conducted as necessary.
- All children’s workers (nursery, Sunday School, etc.) are asked to practice good hand hygiene and to encourage the children to also visit the hand sanitizer dispensers upon arrival to their rooms. Disinfectant wipes are available in the nursery to wipe down toys and surfaces that children may come in contact with.
In case you would prefer to stay home or find yourself quarantined, we will be live streaming both the AM and PM services which will be posted on our business Facebook page at:
As a reminder you can always find the recorded sermons at:
If you would prefer to give (tithe) financially using our secure online services please visit:
In regard to ministering to others (Galatians 6:10), please let us know if you or your family has any needs or know of someone who does. There are likely to be many more disruptions in the coming weeks that will cause much concern in our society. Please be vigilant and always looking for ways to abound in the work of the Lord.
The world has been a dangerous and unstable place since the curse of sin came upon it. (Romans 5:12-15; 8:20-28). It is no exception that our generation also will face trials in uncertain times. But one thing is certain: These days should not overtake us! Our Lord reminded us that before His return these kinds of situations would only increase (Matthew 24:4-8). May we echo the words of the Apostle Paul who reminded us, “For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7). This should be our anthem as we continue to serve those around us.
Please go forth in God’s grace and be prepared to minister to a hurting, frightened, and confused world. May your faith be the only thing contagious and pray that God will give us compassionate hearts and the strength to make a difference.